Since its founding as a Swiss pharmacy Medinova has become an international pharmaceutical company today.
- A pharmacist Dr. Fritz Müller together with fellow colleagues founded Medinova AG on 16.02.1945 on the premises of the Römer Pharmacy, Langstrasse, Zurich.
- The purpose for founding the company was to manufacture pharmaceutical specialities for pharmacists and to synthesise chemical raw materials.
- In 1947 Medinova relocated to Eggbühlstrasse 20 in Zurich Seebach since the premises had become too small for its quickly expanding operations.
- Further expansion of its business operations and success in various foreign markets led to the construction of a new company headquarter at Eggbühlstrasse 14, where it is still today.
- In 1968 Medinova AG became part of the Diethelm & Co AG. The building underwent additional expansion, and the production facilities were enlarged. Due to constant, methodical development, various pharmaceutical specialities could now be offered.
- In 2004 Medinova was merged into the Swiss DKSH Group.
- The present focus is on the marketing and distribution of prescription drugs (Rx) and over- the-counter products (OTC). The entire production is now being processed through contract manufacturers.
- Because of the active management of the life cycle of its core products, Medinova is recording continuous growth on all continents through its broad network of partners.
- Today our pharmaceutical products are being marketed in more than 45 countries.
Striving for high quality and working according to defined quality standards has been an important principle of the company from the beginning.