Medinova wants to create an enduring relationship with patients and customers as a recognised pharmaceutical brand supplier and a reliable source for improving the quality of life.
No Vision without a Mission
We have positioned the company as a niche provider with a clear emphasis on gynaecology, dermatology and other selected therapeutic fields. Building on our competences in the areas of prescription drugs (RX) as well as consumer healthcare products (OTC), Medinova has a solid base in the Swiss domestic market. Our long-standing successful international presence will be enlarged by entering into new markets consequently. Our motivation results from our customers’ demand for high quality products at competitive prices. The active further development of our products is part of our corporate identity.
We define size not by the key indicators but by our personal, direct contacts with all of our partners, today as well as in the future.
Experience from the first moment on
Since its founding as a Swiss pharmacy Medinova has become an international pharmaceutical company today.
- 1945: A pharmacist Dr. Fritz Müller together with fellow colleagues founded Medinova AG on 16.02.1945 on the premises of the Römer Pharmacy, Langstrasse, Zurich.
- The purpose for founding the company was to manufacture pharmaceutical specialities for pharmacists and to synthesise chemical raw materials.
- 1947: In 1947 Medinova relocated to Eggbühlstrasse in Zurich Seebach since the premises had become too small for its quickly expanding operations.
- 1961: Further expansion of its business operations and success in various foreign markets led to the construction of a new company headquarter at Eggbühlstrasse 28, where it is still today.
- 1968: In 1968 Medinova AG became part of the Diethelm & Co AG. The building underwent additional expansion, and the production facilities were enlarged. Due to constant, methodical development, various pharmaceutical specialities could now be offered.
- 2004: In 2004 Medinova was merged into the Swiss DKSH Group.
- The present focus is on the marketing and distribution of prescription drugs (Rx) and over- the-counter products (OTC). The entire production is now being processed through contract manufacturers.
- Because of the active management of the life cycle of its core products, Medinova is recording continuous growth on all continents through its broad network of partners.
- 2020: Today our pharmaceutical products are being marketed in 65 countries.